A post by my husband, Scott, who has spent way more time on this app than I have (and still does): He is the technical brain in our home and I love him for it!
So far we have had over 1400 people sign up, almost 600 locations added to the app, with over 600 reviews of those locations.
Also, thank you for your patience as we work out some of the bugs in version 1.0 of this app…there is nothing like having 1400 people use the app, in order to find out what works and what does not work! And we greatly appreciate your suggestions.
Clearly this first release was targeted at just the US & Canada – but in fact, people were able to successfully add locations in Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK.
Our initial release was constrained by available time and funds – but we would like to build on the functionality to include:
- International mapping support
- Additional platforms besides the iPhone and Android (e.g., PC, Windows mobile)
- Ability to check for duplicate locations (right now, unless users check if a location has already been entered prior to adding it, I have to “delete” duplicates manually…so sorry about that!)
- Ability to add comments
- and more…
For us, the best part of releasing this app was finding a new Bulk location on a weekend visit to Santa Rosa, 50 miles north of our home, and discovering a great store (the Community Market), with an incredible bulk selection. You should have seen the sparkle in Bea’s eye;)
- Whole Foods in Pasadena, CA
- Sacramento Natural Foods Coop in Sacramento, CA
- Community Market in Santa Rosa, CA
- The Refill Shoppe in Ventura, CA
- Refyll Home and Body at the Mar Vista Farmers Market in Los Angeles, CA
- MOM’s Organic Market
in Alexandria, VA
- Town and Country Market in Bainbridge Island, WA